- Gambling enthusiast Fiona Olaconacher won big at the slots and at the tables; card dealer Frankie tried to get her winnings back for the Casino, but his bosses suspected him of collaboration. Uncle Tony arrived and demanded the casino repay the family a very large debt.
- Since movie star Libby Montgomery had her savings stolen by a crooked agent, she tried to file a false insurance claim for her famous earrings the Pink Diamonds of Tanzania. When suspicious Insurance investigator Lloyd Bentley showed up and accosted her, ex-pugilist Rudy Bellini beat the man to death. Libby accepted Rudy’s marriage proposal, in hopes of keeping their secret. Libby kept the half-million dollar payout Lloyd had brought; but accountant Bobby DeFaro sniffed it out and stole her cash in order to pay off Uncle Tony.
- Bellhop Jonesy had a crush on Peggy Sue, but was heartbroken when she waffled on his proposal, then broke it off when she caught him ‘practising’ kissing with Audrey the Showgirl.
- Peggy Sue found the now-lost earrings while cleaning the Camel’s Toe Show Lounge, and handed them over to a Uncle Tony, who gave her a $50,000 tip. With this windfall, she was able to quit her job as a chambermaid, but asked to become Bobbie’s accounting apprentice.
- Uncle Tony became enchanted with Peggy Sue, but his wife Marie appeared on the scene. Sensing something was up, she gave Peggy Sue her blessing to pursue a relationship - after she asked for a divorce. Uncle Tony gave the earrings back to Peggy Sue as a gift, unaware of their value. When Libby found her with the earrings, she accused Peggy Sue of theft and demanded she be fired and arrested. Libby then gave the earrings to Bobby to keep in the hotel’s (non-existent) safe.
- Virginia was hired as a new chambermaid, but impressed with her height, Vincent the Entertainment Director promoted her to Showgirl, under the tutelage of Audrey. Vincent also helped himself to cash from the office in order to book big name entertainers.
- When Joey was unable to pay Uncle Tony the full debt owed by the Casino, he feared for his life and went into hiding; but upon his return was fired for incompetence. And a stranger showed up making inquiries about the missing Lloyd Bentley.
The Story so Far
Missed an episode? Catch up here...