- The Reverend told Sandy that he had suffered from infirmity on the Cruise ship, but believed the island had miraculously restored his health. Sandy misunderstood his proposal, but agreed that her critical leg injury had also healed quickly.
- Harper found the travel bag in its new hiding place. Jack claimed it was his and they argued over ownership; and escalated their dispute over leadership.
- The Reverend made inquiries as to whom might procreate in order to populate the island. He tried to talk Spencer into pairing up with Harper; and Timothy to mate with Loretta or Harper.
- Chip, suffering a bad sunburn, discussed women with Spencer; Harper overheard several disturbing conversations
- Sandy had promised Jack she would keep their secret, but she couldn’t help revealing all to Loretta. Owen arrived and claimed the bag she found belonged to him. He went to the jungle to retrieve it and rifled through the contents.
- When Spencer told Sandy that HE had found a travel bag, Sandy assumed there were two different bags.
- Timothy struggled with a guilty conscience since beating the Captain and dragging his body away with Owen a few days earlier. The castaways had become concerned when they only found the Captain’s bloody cap.
- Jack worried that the gun, cash and jewelry were connected to criminal activity that would endanger them all. Spencer angered Chip and Jack when they learned he had used the satellite phone - with little remaining battery life - to leave several messages for his Mom.
- Jack took the phone to a higher reception spot on the island, where it rang with an incoming call…
~ Harper brandished her small pistol and Spencer held an antique hand grenade during a heated debate over leadership. Claiming to be the oldest castaway, Jack did his best to calm everybody down. Owen had a lot to say about the fate of mankind.
~ Harper convinced Sandy that the fabric tie on her leg meant she was a founding member of her Squad. Sandy unwrapped the bandage to discover her wound had healed remarkably well.
~ Spencer discovered a travel bag buried in the jungle. He was delighted to find a pair of sunglasses; and in a hidden compartment, a small treasure chest filled with old jewelry – which he felt would net a good price on Antiques Roadshow – as well as a baggie containing a gun and a satellite phone. He kept the sunglasses and phone, replaced the other items, and hid the bag in a new place.
~ Sandy happened to find the travel bag in its new spot. Reluctantly opening it, she found the gun, a shirt, a towel, some cash and a stack of credit cards. Jack took over and found the jewelry and a map. He suggested to Sandy that the contents implied criminal activity. Jack theorized the helicopter they heard may have been drug lords looking for the bag – or the thief. Jack hid the bag in a new place – keeping only the gun – after convincing a frightened Sandy to switch allegiance to him and keep their secret.
~ Fearing for their safety, Jack put out the smokey fire, and tried to convince the others not to signal the chopper, but to wait for a rescue boat that would be big enough for all the castaways to board.
~ Timothy suggested to the Reverend that the Captain had suffered from balance problems; and he spread negative gossip about Owen to pre-emptively deflect blame, in case the Captain’s body was found. Harper gave encouragement to Timothy when he expressed his desire to become a musician, if they ever got off the island.
~ Sandy felt guilty over her secrets and confessed them in vague terms to the Reverend, who was worried about the missing Captain; they leapt to the conclusion that the Captain may have been murdered by drug lords.
~ Meanwhile, Chip bonded with his pet lizard Duncan and agreed to an alliance with Spencer, who revealed he had a satellite phone. Jack found a large egg in the lagoon, and a debate ensued over what kind of egg it was.
~The Castaways all heard a helicopter flying over the island at various points and times, and were excited at the prospect of rescue – except for the Reverend who continued to express his desire to stay and colonize.
~Jack took charge, tasking people to write HELP on the beach, and build up the campfire to create a smoke signal.
But a heated dispute over leadership ensued when Jack tried to appoint Spencer and Harper as co-leaders under him. Harper set about recruiting “Squad” members to wear strips of fabric in support of her campaign.
~After befriending a lizard named Duncan, Chip found Captain Robinson’s cap with fresh blood on it, which greatly distressed Loretta and Harper – who tossed the cap in the campfire.
~Everyone became worried about the missing Captain. Sandy revealed that he had invited her to go alone to a cave. The Reverend salvaged the bloody cap from the fire and set about looking for the Captain.
~Meanwhile, Timothy was wracked with guilt over what he had done, and was not good at hiding it. However, Owen was unperturbed and very determined to keep their secret.
~ Uncertain of their futures, Sandy and Chip found solace by the fire, conversing about hot dogs.
The Story so Far
Missed an episode? Catch up here...